Print Prev. thread Next thread

N3 ~ Redifining Smartphone Photography

[Copy URL]

threads

Ollie SuperAngel (Moderator)

First Day Launch Member

Jump to a specific floor
1#
Post time 26-1-2015 03:39:03 | Show the author posts only replycredit |Descending |Reading mode
Edited by Tjoe at 26-1-2015 09:02

It is my pleasure and utmost joy to finally bring to you
The Oppo N3's Photo Samples

Foreword:
When i first heard about the Oppo N3 and it's motorized swivel camera, i secretly thought to myself, Eh, Gimmick. But when i was fortunate enough to join the first Oppo fans gathering in Malaysia last year, i had the chance to actually hold on to a unit and test the camera for myself. When i saw how the camera turn by itself, i was like WALIAO EH!!! As an engineering student, this was definitely something that excited me all too much, so when i had the chance to take the N3 for a spin myself for about 3 weeks now. You gotta know, i enjoyed myself all too much.

The Samples
Well, While the whole hoo hah and publicity is going about the motorized swivel camera. It would all be for nothing if the N3's camera didn't perform admirably. What's the use of a rotating camera if it took crappy pictures? Right right? Well judge for yourself if the photo's are up to your standards and i'll save my comments for the photo's and for my final conclusion at the end.

Sceneries

Early Morning at 6.50

Slightly later at 7.30

Panaroma

Panaroma's have been a hit and miss for me. The motorized camera has allowed for some cool looking vertical panaromas that give you that inverted world feel. Auto panaroma mode also allows for great roundtable group shots as it takes a picture of the entire rountable in one go. Besides that, the stitching should be flawless if you don't move about or stick your phone on a tripod. See for yourself.

Macro Shots

I realize that the N3 comes with a mode called Super Macro. In actual fact, it's just a mode with digital zoom for a clear picture, surprisngly though. The images does come out with some good detail. The zoomed in image allows for a further focal point which i think is good for me.

Others

Here are some other shots i took whilst going around Malaysia. Shopping malls /  my house / my uni etc.

Selfies

And finally, I saved the best for last. Though the N3 may have an extremely capable camera. I must say that having 16mp selfies. Are trully a whole different experience. Wherever i went and whichever group of friends i was with. The very very first thing that they did was to swing the camera up front and take a selfie. So here are some of the selfies i took with them.

In comparison with the Find 7a's 5mp camera.

Conclusion & Remarks

The Good
1. The 16mp omnivision sensor is a step up from the Find 7 + Find 7a. It does better in low light and is definitely a very capable shooter.
2. The Rotating camera works fine.
3. Autopanoroma stitches images together really well.
4. Beautification is again, niceeeee

The not so good.
1. There were some hiccups once or twice while using autopanaroma
2. Still no 4k video update.
3. No Slow shutter mode. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!! It's one the modes i love the most. With the Find7a, notice the pretty stars? On the N3, since i don't have any shutter speed control, all i get is a black image =(.

Here's the link to the full size images in case you wanna see the true quality =) Over here it's all thumbnails XD

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127735126@N08/

Hope you guys enjoy this. Stay tuned for the O-lens =D

Rate

Participants 4 O-Coin +32 Pack Reason
Jdong92 + 1 Good!
IAmADupe + 10 These photos looks really great. Haven't
lexansky + 20
tonychen1979 + 1 Good!

View Rating Log

Tweet

threads

Ollie Egg

First Day Launch Member

Recommend
Post time 26-1-2015 10:07:23 | Show the author posts only
Nice picture. Wish they will update for coming next for the feature you mention!

threads

Ollie ArchAngel (Community Manager)

2#
Post time 26-1-2015 09:05:44 | Show the author posts only
@Tjoe your panaroma photos are way too small, resize it. Btw, your selfie made you look so macho

threads

First Day Launch Member

3#
 Author| Post time 26-1-2015 09:16:34 | Show the author posts only
Sorry, Flickr crashed on me. Couldn't re-edit anything =/

Re-uploading the images. I had about 30 scenic pictures. hahaha

Comments

Take your time, if there are too many photos, don't pack all in one, probably you can separate into 2 parts (threads)  detail Reply Post time 26-1-2015 09:29

threads

Ollie ArchAngel (Community Manager)

4#
Post time 26-1-2015 09:29:21 | Show the author posts only
Tjoe replied at 26-1-2015 08:16
Sorry, Flickr crashed on me. Couldn't re-edit anything =/

Re-uploading the images. I had about 30 s ...

Take your time, if there are too many photos, don't pack all in one, probably you can separate into 2 parts (threads)

threads

First Day Launch Member

6#
Post time 27-1-2015 00:40:03 | Show the author posts only
These photos looks gorgeous bro. You've done a very good job in taking the photos but I think that's not all, eh? I heard you have a lot more selfies
Anyways, can't wait to get my hands on the N3 for the technical review!

threads

Ollie Egg

First Day Launch Member

7#
Post time 27-1-2015 12:31:58 | Show the author posts only
Nice picture

Comments

Thank you! Glad u like them  Post time 27-1-2015 13:27
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Copyright © ColorOS 2015. All Rights Reserved.
Quick reply Top