MobileMobile | Continue
View: 406|Reply: 5

ColorOS Introduction

[Copy URL]

threads

Ollie ArchAngel (Community Manager)

Post time 10-11-2014 13:50:06 | Show all posts |Reading mode
ColorOS Introduction

ColorOS is a mobile operating system (OS) that is customized based on original Android mobile operating system. There are other customized android operating system such as Xiaomi's MIUI, CyanogenMod, OmniROM etc...

However, what makes ColorOS different from the others is its design philosophy "The Art ofTechnology" which aims to provide a minimalistic yet enjoyable experience to its users as well as a visually stunning user interface.

ColorOS was made compact in terms of balancing between performance and appearance. Based on the perspectives of users, ColorOS had removed several redundant original Android applications, in order to achieve optimized performance with a rather simplified user interface (UI) to ease its user’s operation.

Security Center
In addition, ColorOS replaced these applications with other useful functions such as App backup, Guest mode, Permission Monitor and more. It is evident that ColorOS tend to protect its user’s privacy and personal information.

Launcher

Every OS has its own unique launcher, and ColorOS launcher introduced dual-layer design which makes it one of the core features. Users are more convenient to personalize home screen such as Widgets, Wallpaper, Live Wallpaper, Effects and Themes.

Theme Engine
ColorOS had provided various themes for users to play with it, changing themes based on user's preferences and moods. Users no longer required to search on the internet for alternative themes using .APK or launchers.

Off screen gestures
This function is definitely unique as ColorOS made OPPO smartphones more lively, and it eases users in few simple gestures without unlocking the phone via power button. Users can now has more accessibility through drawing simple gestures.

1.      Double tap

Simply double tap on the black screen to turn on the screen. Users can now check their time and date easily.

2.Drawing ‘O’ gesture

By drawing a simple circle ‘O’ on the black screen, it gives users the camera function in seconds, users won’t miss any memorable moments with this gesture.

3.Drawing ‘V’ gesture

Drawing a ‘V’ on the black screen allows users to turn on the flashlight quickly, users don’t need to be panic in the dark anymore.
Moreover, users are allowed to create new gestures such as video recording, play music, mute/silent mode, open a specific app and etc. Users can edit or remove gestures based on their own preferences as well.

Global gesture board
In the latest Color OS 2.0, Global gesture board allows users to draw gestures for quick operations. Simply slide up from the bottom of the screen to display the gesture board.

Single-handed Operation
When Single-handed Operation is on, swipe 45 degree either from bottom left or bottom right towards the screen center, this allows users to minimize interface to the bottom left or bottom right. Hence, users can operate the phone singlehandedly.

Easy dial
Users can now search for contacts matching either numerical digit or alphabetical order via T9.

For more details or latest updates, kindly visit Color OS Youtube Channel

threads

Ollie Egg

Post time 21-11-2014 10:44:22 | Show all posts
After I done istall this version 2.0. My battery won't work. When I charge, it doesn't increase on the battery icon. please help.

threads

Author| Post time 21-11-2014 10:58:49 | Show all posts
zanasrn replied at 21-11-2014 10:44
After I done istall this version 2.0. My battery won't work. When I charge, it doesn't increase on t ...

hi zanasrn, may i know what model are you using? Can i have more details such as Was your charging failed immediately after flashing, have you been through any difficulties during flashing process?
After flashing 2.0 are there any other problems?
Kindly PM me

threads

Ollie Egg

Post time 21-11-2014 16:14:46 | Show all posts
I can't copy the downloaded file 555MB into the phone storage. Only hv 480MB space. Have deleted a lot of pics an video but still not enough empty storage. Please advise

threads

Post time 21-11-2014 16:17:48 | Show all posts
iqqivr replied at 21-11-2014 16:14
I can't copy the downloaded file 555MB into the phone storage. Only hv 480MB space. Have deleted a l ...

have you try cleaning junk file in your phone? go to files app and click on cleanup.

threads

Ollie Egg

Post time 21-11-2014 17:13:01 | Show all posts
Yes. i did that as well. in phone shows 618MB, but in PC explorer only 468MB...
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Copyright © ColorOS 2014. All Rights Reserved.
Quick reply Top